Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 20:34:26 -0500
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996 13:50:06 -0400, Steve Schmidt wrote:
>How does one set up this Yale option?

I believe the folks at Yale have their own custom solution.  It can also be
done by simply stating the policy and then issuing the unsub (or nomail if
you prefer) command when the errors come in.  If you're operating manually,
a more humane approach may be to simply set addresses to INDEX or DIGEST
(we do that on a list I co-own with several others) reducing the errors to
one a day from the errant subscriber(s).

On 6/3/96 12:50 PM, Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843 wrote:
>In terms of list-owner and listserv overhead, why not
>just set them to NOMAIL?

IF the errors aren't transient or the subscriber doesn't get around to
reactivating, a list can accumulate a significant number of invalid
subscribers even with an annual confirm cycle.  Other than that detail,
NOMAIL also accomplishes the original intent.

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]>      (860) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (860) 456-7725 fax
   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html