Wayne Churchill <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Dec 1992 14:38:30 CST
My advice is to let our list owners know that there *may* be some ids that must
be removed from their lists.

An examination of the listed nodes shows that most (if not all) nodes in the
list are EARN nodes so we are not likely to have any subscriptions from those
sites.

LISTSERV has been given the 'smarts' to convert subscription addresses when
sites change node names.  This information is stored in one of the files
LISTSERV uses to maintain its own internal tables.  I am not certain which
file it uses but I think it is the :oldname. :newname fields of BITEARN NODES.
(See CCWAYNE 195 for a copy of BITEARN NODES.  It is a public disk.)

I don't see the need for a 'preemptive strike' at this time.