"A. Ralph Papakhian" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 12:17:05 EST
Greetings,
I would like to report that LISTSERV is celebrating its 10th
anniversay on Oct. 24. This is the software which has enabled
MLA-L over the years. You can learn about it at:
http://www.lsoft.com/

While MLA-L is not 10 years old, I can report that the first
MLA-L message was distributed on March 28, 1989. Since then,
17,931 messages have been distributed, averaging 6 per day.
These messages have been sent by 2900 different addresses.
I guess music librarians are verbose.
Congratulations to everyone (and to Eric Thomas--LISTSERV creator).
Join your nearest LISTSERV party if you can find it.

By the way, I can also report that Indiana University will be
upgrading LISTSERV to a newer version on a new server sometime
in the near future (it will take several months). We will verify
that all current functionality is preserved. But we also assume
that additional features (such as web based searching of the
log notebooks) will be available. Of course, I'll keep you informed
of any changes as they occur.

*GO*   Cordially, forever more,
*!!*   A. Ralph Papakhian, Music Library (Co-Listowner for MLA-L@IUBVM)
*IU*   Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
       (812) 855-2970  [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]