Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:57:39 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I pretty much had it all together, and now I've run into another wall.
> Since upgrading to 1.8e, I can no longer use listname-request to send
> customized email to owners of low usage lists. Because the emails are very
> similar, listserv flags them as possible spam. So I'm going to have to
> extract the addresses of the list owners and inset them. Anyway, I'm now
> on 48 hour hiatus- don't know exactly how this works, so don't know when
> this posting will get through.

We use scripts to generate several types of boilerplate messages which are
sent to individual listname-request addresses, and there have been numerous
occasions when we sent the same basic message to a large number of addresses
in a short period of time.

I suspect that our messages are not triggering the spam filter because the
script-generated boilerplate is customized for each list. At the very least,
the list name appears in both the subject line and body of the message. In
many cases, the message body also contains a link to the list management web
page.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator