Mon, 16 Nov 1998 00:09:21 -0600
> >just so I can tell it not to mail me anything? Brilliant.  Why can't the
> >list that knows far better than I do where its peers are do that for me
> >when I subscribe initially?
>
> It's even weirder.  Half the time, the "right thing" to do is to
> override the Reply-To header because it points to the site you're not
> subscribed to.  Until this was pointed out to me, I couldn't figure out

Come, now, listowners always check their headers, don't they?  How can we
tell our subscribers to do it religiously if we don't.  My sub is at
SEARN, where it has been since LSTOWN-L moved from Indiana.  It is set
NOACK and I never get an ACK from either peer.  The only time I get
anything is when I don't pay attention and send it to Peach, where I am
not subscribed, so I get a "submitted to Nathan" note. I consider that
to be my fault, I didn't pay attention.

Douglas