Duane Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 19:54:57 +0000
Boy, you can tell it's a full moon.

When unpleasantness on my list shows signs of getting out of hand, I
sometimes put selected members on "quiet review". Using the "quiet" form
should ensure that they are not informed. (Some disruptive people, if they
know they are being reviewed, will just sign on under a different name.)
But it seems that sometimes (I don't think all the time) they received an
auto-generated notice that their message has been sent to the listowner for
approval. Is there a way to prevent this notification from going out?

Second, I tried once to submit a monitored message after editing out
personal invective (using Eudora Light). My copy showed the selected
material deleted, but when published to the list it was still there. How
can I edit a reviewed message?

Duane Campbell  [log in to unmask]
http://www.epix.net/~dcamp/