Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:08:25 -0500
Hi Douglas..

> Oh, well, I can say nothing about working through a web interface as
> I don't.   I still use the old email commands exclusively.

I've gotten so I use it quite a bit for both searches and header/mailtmp work ..
but I also depend a lot on email commands ;-)  Just nice to know the archives
can be cleanly edited and allow immediate access to the web search/browse
facilities.

> I just visited your site again. I see you have labeled each blank line
> with a carriage return. As found:

If you look closer Don you'll see it says two "empty" cariage returns .. I really
don't know how else to word it .. and the example should make it pretty clear
what is meant.

> have not seen anything to show that three carriage returns (or two blank
> lines if you prefer) is necessary in this situation.

Other than the work prompted by Lloyd .. I hadn't seen anything official
indicating any were necessary <<shrug>> .. and I did make it very clear on
the page, Don, that I wasn't sure two were needed, but I did know this worked
.. and for the little extra effort .. why not ... it certainly doesn't hurt.

However.. I just placed another edited log to test using only one empty
carriage return between the header and start of the message and it worked
beautifully too .. so before the day is closed, I'll redo the web page to reflect
that.

--
Cleo  [log in to unmask]   http://angus.interspeed.net/listowner/
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself" --D.H. Lawrence