Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Jul 1993 01:20:40 -0400
Someone recommended that if my FILELIST contained certain filenames
containing a wildcard, e.g. LISTSNAME * , then I could PUT new files to my
listserv without having to previously add the specific filenames to the
FILELIST -- but only if the new filename conformed to the wildcard
filename as it appears in the FILELIST.  This would be excellent for
PUT-ing new files by e-mail from a non-Bitnet site.

However, when I tried to alter my FILELIST from a BITNET account I'm able
to use for now, the new FILELIST was rejected with a message saying
something about the wildcard appearing in a generic field where it's not
allowed.  How can I do this right so that it works?

-- Roger Burns, List-owner
   CFS-D chronic fatigue syndrome file storage, on ALBNYDH2