"Webster, RSDNet Tech Support" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 02:58:30 -0500
Hi. I've always thought that the listserv software didn't make
distinctions between upper and lower case characters in an email
address, but I just found today that someone had subscribed to the list
twice once in all CAPS and then again with the same address in lowercase
letters. They both stuck and now suddenly she has started to complain
about receiving dupes.

[log in to unmask] Subscribed on 10 Oct 1998
[log in to unmask] Subscribed on 22 Oct 1998

SO ... is the software case sensitive? Or is this just a fluke that got
through when nobody was looking? And it it was a fluke will deleting one
delete both?

I should mention that I am using Listserv 1.8d most recently available
beta on NT 4.0 with SP3.

Thanks for the answers/ideas/suggestions.
Karen Strauss
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Network