Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 11:27:14 -0400
On: Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 10:54:47AM -0500,Stan V. Smith Wrote:

} Yes, I did get a Gmail response.  For accounts such as ListServ, they  DO NOT
} send back the message, despite the REPRO setting.
}
} However, if you have a gmail account you will note that the message will be
} in the sent mail box and of course in the all mail box.   But you will  not
} get the msg back from the list.
}
} The only way to know that it hit the list is (1) if you get a reply, your
} original message will be attached (Gmail keeps all messages in the thread
} together) or (2) set up a second Gmail account for yourself also subscribed to  the
} list and check there to see if your alias received the msg (or ck the
} archives of the list)
}
} I have learned to live with the REPRO effectively disabled by GMAIL.

Just as a WAG, I suspect that if Gmail sees an email where the "From:"
line and the "To:" line (or the envelope rcpt-to:) are the same, it
silently drops the email.  Try turning ACK on to confirm that the
message reached the list.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67