Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 20:19:31 -0500
John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>

>When I want to re-put a header or mailtpl using Eudora and use the Redirect
>button (if you use forward, you get a > character inserted before every
>line

This can be fixed. Here are some things I suggest changing. All of them are
done by editing the eudora.ini file (in the same directory as your
Eudora.exe file) and then restarting Eudora. I use Eudora's File|Open Text
File to edit the ini file. All of these are added to the [Settings] section

(1) You can eliminate most of the extra header lines. Add in the following
line:

TabooHeaders=>,a,b,co,dis,e,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,rec,ref,res,ret,q,u,v,w,x,y,z

(2) One should also get rid of the '>' carets when *forwarding* (not
replying). Add this line:

QuotePrefix=

(3) There is a setting you can put in that gets rid of the startup splash
screen:

NoSplashScreen=1

(4) Then you can turn off the print headers:

PrintHeaders=0

Don.