Wed, 6 Dec 2000 20:43:35 -0800
On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 08:17:59PM -0600, Dennis Budd wrote:

> subscriptions.  While this does not necessarily mean any bogus intent
> on your part, it raises red flags all over the place because of the
> way that many people who abuse the net hide their identity.
>
> The names and e-mail addresses that you have used to try to subscribe
> to my list are:
>
> Cyberguru8          <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Robert Johnston     <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Rbnwic Rbcnwmicr    <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Edwin Markham       <[log in to unmask]>

On my small (~400 subscribers) list such a person would be on review
(which all new subscribers are by default) indefinitely. He'd never
come off review unless I saw a fair number of reasonable posts from
him.

Anyone can claim to be a Stanford PhD; such a claim cuts no ice with
me whatsoever. But subbing to 50 lists at one site on one day and
claiming to read 4800 messages a day does get my attention. I could
read about 1400 wpm in high school (before the days of speed
reading) and simply do not believe anyone can read 4800 messages a
day and have any sort of life, much less be a full professor.

If it walks like a duck...

-rex