Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 11:15:22 -0500
Philip Mire <[log in to unmask]> asked:

> How do you make hidden a quiet list owners.  I thought you could do in a
> list header:
>
> * Owner= [log in to unmask] (name)
> * Owner= Hide: Quiet:
> * Owner= [log in to unmask] (noshow's name)
>
> and when a review was done, the "noshow" user would not be seen, and it
> would not recieve any mailing from the list as list owner either.  I wanted
> to use this for my multiple accounts, so I could issue commands from more
> than one machine, but didn't want mail going to all of them.

One way to do this is to make the "owner" of the list a list
rather than a person.  Here is what we have in a list header:

> *  Owner= (KIDOWNB)
> *  Owner= quiet:,(KIDOWNG)
> *
> *  Editor= (KIDOWNG)
> *  Editor= (KIDOWNB)

The KIDOWNG and KIDOWNB lists are private.  We do this, not
primarily to hide the names, but because we run lots of lists
with a big team of owners/editors.  The KIDOWNG list includes all
the different addresses of all the team members.  Some of those
addresses we don't want made public--I don't want anyone to write
to me at my CompuServe address, but I want to be able to send
commands from there if my main system goes down.

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>