Paul Hyland <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Jun 1992 16:47:47 EDT
Phil Endacott said:

>I have a subscriber, <[log in to unmask]> that is
>probably the intended receiver that the RUSH Mailer can't find.  Is
>there a "good way" to know that I have guessed right??  I believe
>every list message is rejected in the same fashion!!  (56 so far
>today)  ;-((   . . . Phil---

I have been having this same problem.  Luckily my traffic is lower than his.
How do I find out where this post was intended to go?

More generally, I was wondering what strategies people had for purging
bad addresses from their lists.   I have a quickly growing, relatively new
list, and have gotten all forms of bounce messages from at least 15 addresses
recently (but usually only one).  Would you delete addresses that keep bouncing
two or three times?  (I know that some of these are only temporarily bad).
I may sound naive, but the volatility of the net is surprising even me, along
with the variety of gateways and links and mailers and....

Paul Hyland
Owner, CPSR list