Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 00:10:18 -0700
At 12:01 PM 3/9/99 -0500, you wrote:
>My readers and fellow list owners have a few concerns:
>
>(1) Some want posts rejected if submitted w/attachments.
>
>(2) Some want attachments, except test/plain, stripped.
>
>(3) Some want attachments, except test/plain, quoted-printable and
>HTML, stripped.
>
>(4) Some want all MIME stripped from their NOMIME digests, with only
>text/plain in their digests.
>
>(5) Some want a web archives and/or web management interface for
>our VM LISTSERV lists.
I sure wouldn't hold my breath for five....but on the others, I think that
individual listowners should make up their mind, set a rule/standard, and
enforce it one way or another.  Of course if those rules can be enforced by
software, that just makes it easier for them.  It doesn't eliminate
bitching and moaning, however.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/