"Harder, Jeannie" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:54:23 -0600
Any advice?

I am setting up LISTSERV for the first time.  I am creating a moderated list
which will function in an announcements
only capacity.  The audience are the employees in our organization.  Our
previous listserv software did not require passwords.  I am getting extreme
resistance to requiring passwords for this new list.

Because I have had no luck in finding a way to remove the password
requirement; the administration has asked that I pre-set the passwords for
each individual.  I will be doing a batch upload initially.  Can I set
passwords as part of this function?  If not, I will be asked to individually
set each employee's password myself before releasing this new list.
We are talking close to 1,000 subscriptions-it could take me forever!  (Many
of our employees are technologically challenged and administration does not
want each person to create their own password when they first use the
system.)

I would really appreciate some advice on this.

Jeannie Harder