Edith Schmitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:56:52 -0400
Hello,

I am a new list owner and would appreciate your assistance.

I will be handling two+ different newsletter lists: one in Spanish and one
in Portuguese. Our Unix Admin has setup a POP3 account for each of these.
In addition to the POP 3 accounts our Notes administrator has created two
Notes mail-in databases (one email account for Spanish and one for
Portuguese) to collect customer responses.

Here is how it works right now:
I send a newsletter to the subscriber list. Before LISTSERV executes my
command, I receive a command confirmation request in my POP3 account. Upon
sending my confirmation from this account, the newsletter is send to every
subscriber on my list. As the subscriber receives the newsletter, he will
see the user name/logon name of the POP3 account as the "sender name/who"
in his inbox. As the subscriber clicks the reply button, his response is
send to the POP3 account from which the newsletter was send.

However, as we are dealing with multiple languages, we will have one person
in charge of sending the newsletters from the POP3 accounts while the
customer responses in Spanish and Portuguese (later also German, Dutch,
French, and Italian) will be managed by employees with the necessary
language proficiencies. As customers respond to the newsletters we,
therefore, want for these responses to be collected in the appropriate
Notes mail-in database (email account) that were specifically set up for
this purposes. A remote employee in Mexico or Brazil will then access this
Notes mail-in database and respond to any customer inquiries.

What I would like to accomplish is the following:
1. Maintain two user profiles. Easily switch from one to another.

2. Change the "sender name" (what customers will see under "who" in their
inbox) to a more customer friendly name. Instead "sadbr" I would like to
use the company name and country designation, for example, "Gatos de
Mexico."

3. Specify a different email response account for customer responses.

Since our lists have been setup to require a command confirmaiton before
execution, it should be possible for the comand confirmation requests to be
send to the POP3 account from which the newsletters are send and for all
customer responses to be send to a different email address.

Our Unix Admin who setup these POP3 accounts for me does not know of a way
to already specify a different sender name and response address through
LISTSERV. Thus, I was referred to finding a mail program that satisfies my
requirements. However, so far, I could not find one that does all of the
above.

Within Netscape I was able to do 2 and 3, but nothing would work when I had
more than one profile. Pegasus allowed me to setup multiple profiles, but I
could not change the sender information or response account. Outlook seems
to be in conflict with another email program on my computer and did not
work at all.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Edith