Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 May 1994 20:59:27 -0500
Postmaster, UUNET.CA:

I am the list owner for several mailing lists connected with the
KIDLINK Project.  We use the LISTSERVer at North Dakota State
University for these lists.

Attached below is an error message I received from the LISTSERVer
indicating a mail problem in the distribution of a message from
one of our lists.  Can you give me any more information about the
cause of the problem and the expected duration?  I hate to remove
subscribers from our lists if the problem is about to be
resolved.

Please note that the error message (received today) is about a
message sent over a month ago.  The error message does not
identify a specific subscriber to whom the message was sent.  We
have several subscribers on the SCRIBE.SBE.SCARBOROUGH.ON.CA
system.  I've also received other error messages identifying
other systems.

I am very concerned about this message.  If I don't get the error
message for over a month, it is almost impossible to figure out
which subscriber(s) are failing.  And even if I delete them now,
I face a month of error messages for all the mail that has been
sent in the last month.

I am sending a copy of this to the LSTOWN-L list.  There have
been several other reports about receiving error messages about
messages over a month old.  Is there some serious problem with
UUNET.CA?  Should we delete all subscribers on all systems served
by UUNET.CA until this problem is resolved?

Thanks for your help.

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>

P.S.  Our lists include KIDLINK, KIDCAFEx, KIDLEADx, KIDPROJ,
KIDPLAN, KIDPLAN2, RESPONSE, KIDFORUM and KIDTEST.   Richard
Naylor <[log in to unmask]> and I share ownership duties for
these lists.