Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:51:27 GMT
On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:03:25 -0400, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>|My question for the day is how I can reindex my notebook archive
>|manually (not waiting for tomorrow). Is it possible?
>
>I was under the impression that if you replaced archives with the standard
>LISTSERV command PUT listname LOGaabbc that LISTSERV re-indexed automatically.

LISTSERV will reindex the archives automatically, but not immediately,
depending on other job loads.  It may take up to overnight for it to
actually get done.

>Otherwise issue:
>
>DATABASE REFRESH dbname

You can also GET and PUT the List Header to force an immediate re-index (at
least this works in the non-VM platforms).

 Ben Parker .......... (Aurora, CO) ........... [log in to unmask]