"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 12:39:00 EST
I suggest that we start adding bogus (SET NOMAIL) addresses
to our various lists to start "tracing" who is taking them:
sort of like how other list-compilers throw in some "ringers."

Alternatively, start subscribing (SET NOMAIL) your favorite
list-compiler's CEO and/or technical contact e-mail address.

Finally, let's have Marty start a new LISTS file in the
NEW-LIST filelist of known userids@nodes who maintain such
lists, and how to contact them in order to get off those lists.
(Marty: I give you permission to remove your own name ;-))

Sounds recursive, doesn't it?!

BTW, a couple of years ago some class-project (not at PSU)
was collecting the "password" of anonymous FTP users.  Recall
that for aFTP, the "password" is supposed to be your own
[log in to unmask]  They then e-mailed those users something.
I suggested that this wasn't "nice" but they did not think
that my reasons were valid.  I decided to use my "password"
as one of the miscreants with whom I was communicating.

I don't think I received any more communications.

--
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]          "Is your Kiosk system beer-proof?"
31 Shields Bldg. --   Penn State    -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA