Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 00:46:46 -0500
Vickie Banks wrote:

> I'd like to second Jeff on this request.  I also very much
> want to know of any mail program besides Ricemail that
> will put in correct Resent headers.  As many of you may
> remember, I've asked about this before on this list.

At least now I know I'm not alone.  Of all the owners here, surely
someone is moderating a list from Windows.  But alternatively...

Perhaps LSoft could tweak their parser to detect some of the more widely
available and deployed mail readers (RFC compliance notwithstanding).
The common readers are RFC compliant, they just implement their
forwarding methodology differently from RiceMail (which has historic
integration with the original VM Listserv).  Netscape is unquestionably
in widespread use and it's "forwarded" message format has a fairly
unique format (everything you want in the posted message is there, it's
just an in-line MIME attachment inside the encapsulating message
envelope).  Eudora is similar, it provides an X-Sender: pointing to the
moderator (wish they left it Sender:) when you "redirect" a message.

At any rate, I'm approaching a desperate level of searching for an
alternative; but apparently there is no ready answer.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>