Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:47:19 -0600
> } We have a subscriber who is being subscribed over and over to one

> As a bypass, assuming this person doesn't want to be on the list,
> just subscribe them and set nomail.  Then future sub requests will be
> rejected & victim will never see them.

Hi.. the person IS a "subscriber", wants to be.. but apparently someone
is submitting new subscrption requests for him over and over again.  I
gather, though haven't check it out..that when list is set to
Subscription= open,confirm

listserv will take a new sub. request .. ask for confirmation THEN check
to see if person is already subscribed.. and do whatever.

So actully, even if the person didn't want to be subscribed and I did as
you suggested.. subscribe him/set him to NOMAIL - he would still be
getting 1) confirmation requests then 2) subscription request expired
messages from listserv ;-)

Nathan and Jacob gave the only solutions possible I think for LISTSERV
1.8d and the hope that a better solution will be worked on for the next
version ;-)))  The guy can delete the subscription emails.. or we can go
through the time and trouble of serving him off. I think he'll chose the
former.

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]