Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 22:13:18 -0700
Bon Matin Listowners,

I am trying to search the Data base
1) To avoid posting FAQ
2) To show users of my list how they can do the same when researching a
topic

Here is what I send (I guessed the commands from the LISTDB MEMO
example, my guess is the SEARCH line creates a data set and the PRINT
line dumps it)
----- Sent command to [log in to unmask]
//      JOB
Database Search DD=Rules
//Rules DD   *
S 1001 in LSTSRV-L LSTOWN-L
PRINT
//*
----- end of command

---- Error message received
S 1001 in LSTSRV-L LSTOWN-L

Internal error 1001 while calling LSVDBS, search cancelled.
---- end of error message

Now as some may now know ;-), the extent of my VM (and MVS) knowledge is
an afternoon in College 10 years ago to put a JOB through MUSIC using
JCL templates.

That said, is the syntax of the JOB command correct ? (I had the same
result including th Echo=No on the JOB line). Does this means that this
site (SEARN and Brown U. don't support mail submitted job ? Can it be
'cuz I don't have a "private" password (I read AFD is sensitive on the
password issue) ?

Any help very much welcome !

PS I tried to address the same job to other sites including the Netwide
options and I got a "BLUES-L removed from search list" ...
--
Eric Paul-Hus , "Database challenged" BLUES-L co-owner.