Joanne Jahr <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:53:20 -0400
Forgive the truly stupid question, but I can't find an explanation anywhere....mostly, I believe, because I don't know what question to ask or how to phrase it.  An example of my bewilderment is below. Why do these =20s show up, what do they mean AND how can one format a message so they don't appear when a message is posted?

"Please forgive the cross-posting. The folks at EFTS are trying to reach=20
as many people as possible.=20  "

When I post mesages to the list I "own," they always come out neat and clean.  When I cross-post the exact same message formatted exactly the same way to other lists, I see =20 at the end of every line--whether the list I post to is supported by Listserv, ListProc, Majordomo or Lyris.

Joanne

Joanne B. Jahr, MLS, Network Programs Coordinator
National Network of Libraries of Medicine
Middle Atlantic Region (NN/LM MAR)
New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10029