Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 02:27:30 -0700
At 03:00 AM 1/5/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I would appreciate help interpreting the following message which recently
>started happening.
>It looks as though MISSOURI writes to my host system (UKY) to tell it when
>anyone at MISSOURI  opens their email. We have not "requested" this service.

This is because they're using some crummy campus email system, like
GroupWise or MSMail, and the user (or the sys mgr) has that feature turned
on.  Contact the user and tell him/her to turn it off or you'll drop them
from list.  If they claim they can't or don't know how, tell them to find
out from the local gurus on whatever lamebrain system it is.  Most will
gladly and quickly comply.  If not, I'd drop them.  I know that GW has that
option, but we tell people to NEVER use it.

cheers

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.