Sat, 16 Oct 2010 01:35:24 -0400
Hi Ian,

I'm on MARCEDIT-L from my work address, so I just set a password,
confirmed it, and was given access to the archives.   So I'm not
sure exactly what's happening with your subscriber or co-worker.

Is it possible your subscriber has or formerly had a mail account
at the same domain that used a variant address?  That has been a
problem with some domains in the past. They changed their mail
accounts from something like MAIL.DOMAIN.COM to just DOMAIN.COM.

So, depending on how the client is set up, she could be sending
mail as [log in to unmask]  and then at another time as [log in to unmask]
She may not be aware of the differences because she gets the posts
from the list without a problem.

If this is the case, she thinks she signed on to MARCEDIT-L with
[log in to unmask] but at that time, her FROM: was seen as [log in to unmask]

listserv sees her as a non-subscriber for your list.

To check this possibility, have her send you a full mail header f
from a MARCEDIT-L post.  Then check the routing lines for variant
addresses.  Those are the ones that start with, "Received:" to see
if you can see a variation of the address she is using.

This isn't 100%.  I just checked the routing lines for my mail from this
list, and was surprised to find they don't have a "for" statement
referencing my address.  However, most posts from listservs will have
this.

Stacy