Peacenet Balkans Desk <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 08:51:22 -0500
Our list is being plagued by the appearance of postings meant for an
entirely different list, not run on LISTSERV as far as I know. The posters
to that other list have no idea how their mail is getting to our list. I've
written to the other list's owner-address (no reply as yet), and for what
it's worth, just now put the listname as a Filter= entry. Of course we've
written to [log in to unmask] about this.

Because of the very different nature of the two lists, the crosstalk is
extremely offensive, and I must stop it ASAP.

Beyond what I've already done, does anyone have any suggestion at all as how
to proceed?

Some people have previously tried submit loads of bogus subscriptions, but I
was able to stop those attempts. Is there any way to tell if the present
crosstalk is due to a misconfigured mailer somewhere, or is another attempt
at sabotage?  Thanks for any help whatever!  --  ed
----
Ed Agro, Peacenet Balkans Desk, Boston ([log in to unmask])
http://lists.igc.org/archives/zamir-chat-l.html