Re: Message ("[log in to unmask] sent a DISTRIBUTE job...") (fwd)
Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 13:45:20 -0400
For a combination of reasons:

1) your LISTSERV is configured not to accept DISTRIBUTE JOBS from other
sources

2) some one or thing IS trying to use your LISTSERV to distribute mail
(files) to others (possibly for purposes of "relay rape"

Before you contact CITICORP.COM, you should check your MAILER and SMTP
logs to verity the IP address of the SMTP client deliverying this to your
site.

I just checked the SPAM-L WWW archives since 1997 looking for CITICORP
and have found no (apparent) abuse involving that string.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State