Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 May 1994 18:16:16 -0400
I'm getting an error notice which in part says that the user is served
out.  However, if I do a SERVE <user@address> command, Listserv says the
user has *not* been served out.  Any advice?

BTW, this is an MCIMAIL address which sometimes shows leading zeroes and
sometimes not, so I've tried the SERVE command with both variations of the
address but I get the same response.  Below I copy the relevant portion of
the error notice, followed by the "has not been served out" output.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]
   List-owner, CFS-L

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 4 May 1994 10:37:54 -0400
From: BITNET list server at NIHLIST <[log in to unmask]>
To: Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Problem processing mail file from [log in to unmask]

Error occurred  while processing  file 5042  from [log in to unmask]:
"Mail has been received for list CFS-L from a user which has been served out".

------------------- Message causing the problem (79 lines) --------------------
Date:     Wed, 4 May 94 14:23:55 GMT
From: [log in to unmask]
Sender: [log in to unmask]
Subject:  MCI Mail rejected a message
To: [log in to unmask]

The following mail message could not be forwarded
to MCI Mail for the following Recipients:

        To: 0003791576 <[log in to unmask]>

MCI Mail stated the message could not be sent because:

At least one problem with envelope
686 Organization Name or MCI ID must be included in address along with the
    user's name when sending to a Non MCI employee
           MCI ID   Name                       Organization    Location
           379-1576 Stephen Meister                            Cambridge, MA
TO:        0003791576
           EMS: MCI Mail
           MBX: 0003791576

615 Message must include at least one TO:  recipient

Due to a problem with the envelope, this message has not been delivered
to any of the intended recipients.

Please edit the envelope and resend to all recipients.

Your message follows:

 [TEXT DELETED]