Wed, 21 Aug 1996 00:42:16 -0500
> In the list header, SEND= Editor,Confirm. This is not a discussion
> group. We don't want subscribers to be able to post messages to the
> entire group. We have four editors designated in the list header.
>
> Problem--Editor #one tried to send a message to the entire
> group. The only person who received it was editor #2. Editor #2
> tried to send the message to the entire group. Editor #2 was the
> only one who received her message.
>
> We do not know what is wrong. The list header has the correct e-mail
> addresses for the editors.

Not having the header, i would just observe that having the correct
adresses in the header does not necessarily  translate into what you
want.  It depends greatly upon your keywords and how you define them,
and if you don't define an address for a particular keyword it prob'ly
ain't gonna work.

What is the situation?  Is this for official pronouncemets and nothing
else?  If so you could get rid of the Editor=   keyword and make it
Send= editor1@tamu,editor2@tamu etc.

Anyone other than those listed with the Send=   keyword will get a nice
little message saying "you are not allowed to post to the list xxxxxxxx"

If you *want* people to be able to submit items for possible  posting to
the list just be sure you have the address of each of the editors in
the Editor=  keyword and remember that the items submitted for approval
will go only to the first listed editor.  If you have Send= Editor
you have to explicitly specify the Editor.  Editor= Owners might work,
but I would suggest putting in the addresses.

Gig 'em, Aggies!

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L