Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 12:30:34 -0600
On Sat, 9 Jun 2001 04:35:02 -0500, Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Ya know, this list was started a good few years ago, in Indiana, for
>listOWNERs, not for site administrators (for whom there are other lists).

This is true, but not all sites make the distinction, and at some sites the only
Site Admin is all the also the only List Owner and often there is not a clear
distinction in their mind between the 2 sets of privileges.

However, Doug is right.  This list, LSTOWN-L, should be reserved as much as
possible for List Owner questions.  This covers adding/removing/controlling
behavior of subscribers, moderating messages to lists, list message archives,
error messages related to any of the above, list-level message and www
templates.

The companion list, LSTSRV-L, is for Site Adminstrators and concerns list
creation questions (which Owners cannot do), OS matters and site-wide message
templates, and www templates, SMTP mailer issues (although there is another
list, LSMTP-L for specific questions about that mailer product), and other
things that List Owners do not normally have privileges to do.

We would request that you please try to use the proper list for your question(s)
and also please refrain from posting the same query to both lists.  There are
almost no questions which apply to both audiences.