Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 21:40:38 EDT
> Obviously, I am misunderstanding this completely.  It sounds as though you
> (and others) are actually saying that, if I use the Netscape mailer included
> as a feature of the Netscape for sending listowner listserv commands to the
> listserv (TM) running my list, I will have to confirm those listowner listserv
> commands, whether or not I include a password?

My guess is that the confirmation requirement was added in LISTSERV
1.8c, which is still in beta testing.  We are running 1.8c beta and
when I sent our LISTSERV a "GET listname (NOLOCK PW=xxxx" command from
Netscape that normally does not require confirmation, I did have to
confirm it, just as others said.  Once I confirmed it, it was executed.

I also sent a test message to myself from Netscape on my Macintosh.
The X-Mailer header is what LISTSERV must be using to tell that the
message is from Netscape.  Here's the message.  I marked the X-mailer
header with an arrow.  Mozilla was a code name for Netscape.