Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:45:42 -0600
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:41:17 -0400, Sahil <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Also, I have my list configured to non-subscribers as it is a support
>list, but is there a way to restrict the incoming mails to a certain
>domain?

Some people have suggested using Filter= and others have suggested using
Service=.   The difference between them depends on what you are trying to
accomplish.

If you want to allow most people from anywhere to post to your list, while
keeping out a few 'bad apples', then the  Filter=  keyword is probably your
best bet.

Send= Public
Filter= Also, [log in to unmask], *@example2.com

If you want to keep out most people from anywhere while permitting
anyone/everyone from within your institution then the Service= keyword is much
easier to implement.

Send= Service
Service= xyz.edu, *.xyz.edu

Of course if someone from your institution tries to send email from their
yahoo.com account, their message will be rejected.