Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:13:06 -0400
At 15:14 8/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
|This past week, when they sent out mailings they got back some complaints
|that the subscriber had received a message with no body.  Not everyone had
|this problem (in fact these people seem to be a pretty small minority), but
|this has never happened before.  In one case, one person was sent a full
|copy of the message wheras another account at the same site was sent a
|blank one (I take this information from bounce messages).

Check to see if these two subscriber had the same options i.e., Q listname
FOR userid1@host then userid2@host

If this is a one-time event, simply 'catalog' it and rack it up to sun-spots.

E-mail is NOT the most reliable form of communications.  I certainly would
not bet my life on it.

Email delivery is seldom "static" -- it depends upon too many processes
that undergo changes, including routers, DNS, MX hosts, full-mailbox,
security authentication systems, file systems, malicious users.
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA