Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 21:22:41 -0500
>I can explain these error conditions more fully, but as the error message
>seems to be being discarded by LISTSERV anyway I can't just get a sample
>error message and show it to you.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what
>these errors might be and how I can get the automatic error processing
>to not discard them but to take them seriously?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Paul

One idea might be to turn off the auto-delete functionality for your list
(which is set by default by the listserv software), and instead resort to
manual deletion.  You can get a lot more useful header information this
way and you can see exactly what the errors were and all of the traceback
corresponding to the errors.  To do this, include in your list header file
the following line:

* Auto-Delete= No

Depending on the size of your list and the frequency of errors you
ordinarily recieve, you may see a substantial number of error messagfs
generated by listserv one at a time, but each one will be much more
detailed than the auto-delete functionality can give you.

Glenn