Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 12:32:30 -0500
>Jacob,
>
>What do you mean by 'after a certain amount of time'...

Yes, I guess it wasn't clear what I was referring to.

You asked about having postings expire after a set amount of time.
My response just meant that there's no built-in way to do that.

>In my new list [log in to unmask]  I have several
>'test' postings that I want to remove.
>
>When I do an INDEX APUG-L  I only get one item back, the
>rest do not show.

What is this one item?  The INDEX command will list the archive files
that exist for your mailing list.  For instance, if there's a
"listname.LOG0103" file listed, that's the archive file for March and
would contain all of the messages that have been posted in March.
(The exact naming scheme for the archive files differs depending on
whether you've got yearly, monthly, weekly, etc. archives.)
Typically individual messages will not be listed.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc