Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 15:11:11 -0400
On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Carlton Conley wrote:

> As I understand it, the header will be sent if the default mailtpl is
> in place or if the edited INFO section still contains the .dd &LISTHDR
>  formatting commands.  If the default is replaced with a
> listname.mailtpl and with an edited INFO section then that will be
> returned when someone send the INFO request rather than the Header.

        This may happen if someone sends an INFO request, but if
someone sends a REVIEW [listname] SHORT request (and perhaps even a
REVIEW [listname] for a list where Review=Owner?), Listserv will
return the header, complete with all the sensitive Filter information
that Ingrid was hoping to keep private.  I've frankly never
understoood why that info (the filter addresses) was part of the
header--that does NOT seem to be information the world at large should
be able to access.

        By the way, I might note that I've started to receive duplicate
copies of messages from this list.  Just today.

        Joan Korenman

*    Joan Korenman                [log in to unmask]                         *
*    U. of Md. Baltimore County                                             *
*    Baltimore, MD 21228-5398     http://www-unix.umbc.edu/~korenman/wmst/  *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *