Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 May 1996 19:19:04 -0400
On Mon, 6 May 1996, Philo wrote:

> At 14:39 05/06/96 -0700, you wrote:
> >Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> commented:
> >> The thing  though is  that it  costs a  lot less  resources to  deliver a
> >> typical newsletter by e-mail than over  the web.
> >
> >Yeah, but woe betide the listowner (and, for that matter, the listmaster).
> >Just think of the bounce messages that a 140K person list would generate,
> >even at one message a day!
> >
> >Ouch.
> >
> >   (\__/)  .~    ~. ))
> >   /O O  ./      .'             Patrick Douglas Crispen
>
> Wow. Wouldn't be so bad if there were, say, an OWNER DIGEST feature
> available in the listserv software, would it?
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist.

  And so am I compelled, to say, I always agreed with you, Philo, even
though I fought against effort into it....because we and unix listserv
postmasters/maintainers out there still don't have a lot of the basic
functionality in LISTSERV that you so enjoy.  I want Eric and Lsoft to
provide ldbase functionality and some other functions that we had as a VM
site before I will fight for an OWNER DIGEST (which is a new LISTSERV
function).  I know the people at Lsoft are really strapped for effort
that they can put into LISTSERV code and that is why I sounded a bit
sarcastic (I even got mail asking if "Trish" was an alias for "Eric", but
I assure you I am *much* prettier ;-))  I am leaving this site to go to
another that is currently evaluating LISTSERV on unix, and I feel
compelled to fight for them as well.... once the LISTSERV code for all
of us is brought up to snuff, so to speak, and LSOFT is looking for
things to do...I will stand with you, Philo, and be your next loudest voice
for improvement on a product that both our customers enjoy.  (And thanks
for your support Nathan...keep up the good work for LSOFT!)

But in the meantime, Philo, nice try. ... I would do the same.  :-)

Cheers!  --Trish
----
Trish Forrest
Computing Services, University of Windsor
Listserv Maintainer