"Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Sep 1994 15:23:25 -0400
Colleague list owners and Eric,

My desire: Temporarily create a break in the delivery of messages for
a list, WITHOUT queuing sent messages during the period of the break.
That is, I want posted messages to bounce with a helpful message
explaining the reason for the break, duration, etc.

HOLD and LOCK both seem to queue messages, so neither seemed
appropriate.  Full moderation (Edit=) dumps the messages to the
editor, but doesn't tell the sender anything.  I ended up sending an
explanatory note to all, then setting Send= [log in to unmask]  But
the rejection message is the standard "you may be able to post, just
not from your present address" message.

Is there...

- A better way to set up a messageless period with LISTSERV (v. 1.8a)?

- A way of modifying the rejection message?  (Since we're talking about
  configurability of LISTSERV messages today anyhow.)

Thanks,
Steve, Quaker-L and Quaker-P co-owner
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236
E-mail (MIME): [log in to unmask] -OR- [log in to unmask]