Thu, 6 Apr 1995 12:47:59 -0700
  People,
    This problem is not on either of the two lists I run, but has appeared on
virtually all of the lists I am subscribed to.
     A problem user who has been booted off my lists, and evicted from
another, has chosen to basically spam all the related lists he can find by
CCing all of them. He was replying to one person, and CCed about 15 other
lists with his comments. As a result, all the people replying to him have also
sent it to all those lists (rather like a chain letter).
      His latest tirade attacks me by name and is trying (I guess) to hurt my
reputation on those lists that I am not even subscribed to. It is not his
comments that I object to at this point (well, it sort of is, but's that's
another problem), it is that I object to having to delete his comments and all
the other people's comments three or four times over. For crying out loud, he
is even sending comments to the Anthropology librarian's list!
      Is there any way of dealing with nonsense like this? I realize that it
is up to the listowners of each list to do something. Is there any precendents
for dealing with a problem user like this?

Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
INTERNET: [log in to unmask]  Owner: HISTARCH, SPANBORD