"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 15:28:12 -0400

>Hi all.
>
>Has anyone else rec'd a subscription notice from these people?
>
>Anyone know anything about them?
>
>Thanks in advance, as always ...
>
>Maureen :-)
>HWY61-L
>
>>Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 12:18:50 -0400
>>From: "L-Soft list server at University at Buffalo (1.8c)"
>>Subject: HWY61-L: [log in to unmask] joined the list
>>To: "M. LeBlanc" <[log in to unmask]>
>>

>>Mon, 13 Oct 1997 12:18:50
>>
>>Mailing List  Distribution <[log in to unmask]> has  just subscribed
>>to the HWY61-L list (The Bob Dylan Discussion List).

Looks to me like an address harvester for spam usage.  They have probably
already unsubscribed from your list after issuing a review of your list.
(either that or somebody is looking to get somebody's list spammed very
badly as now any messages sent to your list will wind up on the other
list(s) as well...)

In any event, it doesn't look very thrilling.  I would repond by unsubbing
them and setting your list to filter that address, assuming it is still
subscribed.

Glenn