Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 17:31:22 +0200
>1. I have a  Send= Public list that I'd like to convert  to "1st post is
>   reviewed".   Optimally,    LISTSERV   would    allow   me    to   set
>   "Default-Options=  Review"  *and*   apply  that  to  non-subscribers,
>   allowing me  to "Set listname NOReview  FOR user" ... even  is "user"
>   was *not* a subscriber. It does not. Maybe next version, L-Soft? Am I
>   missing something?

Sorry, I just  realized I misread the question. People  who aren't on the
list don't  have subscription  options, by definition.  So you  can't SET
someone to  NOREVIEW if he's not  subscribed. You can however  add him to
the  list and  set him  to NOMAIL  NOREVIEW. The  default options  aren't
applied to people who aren't on the  list. All in all the problem is that
your list isn't really public if  people who aren't subscribed have to go
through  the  moderator.  That  would  be  a  moderated  list  where  all
subscribers  have editor  privilege, or  something along  these lines.  A
public list is one where anyone can post unhindered.

  Eric