Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:27:48 -0500
On 13 Dec 2000, at 15:31, William Silvert wrote:

>This appears to be spam from Turkey, and in the past I have found it
>incredibly difficult to be removed from Turkish mailing lists.

This faintly rings a distant bell.  I have a _very_ hazy recollection
of running into this when I used to be responsible for getting students
off of mailing lists that they had abandoned at graduation.  I think
there is some way to set up, uh, Listproc, that makes it _very_ hard
to say, unsubscribe someone via forgery (which I had to get good at),
that the Turkish Internet community may for some reason view as a needed
default.  Or it might be an artifact of a past regional problem.
Whatever, I've definately run into it myself.
                                                  -Kary