Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:24:38 -0700
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Douglas Palmer wrote:
> It would be far easier to "tie the filter header to mail
> commands" that mine data. Since I cannot to that, I will make
> the lists private and endure the continual parade of questions
> from people I do not know as to why the archives they've been
> using for quite a while are now closed and need subscriptions.
> It would be nice not to have to go through that.

Have you asked the LISTSERV postmaster to SERVE this person off?
(Not a good idea unless he is persona non grata on other lists
at that listserver, or unless your postmaster agrees that
repeated egregious behavior on one list is sufficient cause to
SERVE him off the entire server?)

(And, of course, how will you track him as he changes email
addresses to get around whatever manner of "filtering" you set
up for him, no matter what access permission your NOTEBOOK is
configured to?)

Peter R.