"Pauline M. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 12:29:34 -0500
On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Nathan Brindle wrote:

> >Possibility of getting it in the future?
>
> If I recall correctly this has been discussed before and the answer was
> "probably not".

Is there a fundamental reason why?  I see this as a great improvemnt,
especially for those of us who run lists that we want to control who
subscribes (to make sure they have a full name when they subscribe, to
make sure they aren't a troublemaker that has obtained another address to
get around the filter lines etc), but still what the 'confirm' option so
that we don't subscribe addresses that aren't mailable (or where someone
wants to subscribe [log in to unmask] and their outgoing mail is
[log in to unmask]) and then later on they can't unsubscribe, change
options etc.

Also can anyone explain how the two lists I *did* subscribe to do it so
that there was a confirm, and then it was passed to the listowner to
subscribe me?

Thanx.

: : Pauline M. Marshall                    --= MightyMouse =-- : :
:o:  I-Barc ListOwner/SmallDogs ListOwner/Dog-Rescue ListOwner :o:
:o: [log in to unmask]              http://www.zoned.net/~mmouse :o: