Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 19:05:03 -0500
     The recent attempts of various people to join lists simply to get the
subscriber list, etc. has made me wonder whether I should change my list's
subscription procedures so that people have to be approved by me in order
to subscribe.  I don't really like that idea--I already spend far too much
time dealing with my list in one way or another, and this seems like some-
thing that will require still more time that I don't have.  But in case I
DO decide to vet potential subscribers, I'd like to get an idea of what
kinds of questions those of you whose lists are subscription=by_owner ask
of people who say they want to subscribe.  Also, do you find it takes
much of your time?  Do you find you reject many people?  Has rejecting
people created problems for you?

     I'd be most grateful for any advice those more experienced in this
matter care to offer, either on LSTOWN-L or privately.

     Joan Korenman

*       Joan Korenman                 Internet: [log in to unmask]           *
*       U. of Md. Baltimore County                    or                    *
*       Baltimore, MD 21228-5398                [log in to unmask]     *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *