"Humphrey,Mindy" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 14:20:02 -0400
Can this be done especially the part of transferring the subscriber and they
would get a message  Can the archiving be transferred?

This is what we'd like to do, and I'd be willing to come over with you to
discuss this.
We'd like to open up a new OCLC listserver on June 30th. This list, called
OCLC-Cat, would replace the current CORC-L listserver. We would like to move
all the subscribers on CORC-L to the new list on a specific date, probably
June 30th. We would write a new welcome message to the list, which we would
want to distribute to every subscriber when we move them over. The message
would include the usual technical "how to" stuff about subscribing and
unsubscribe to the list, as well as a scope statement and guidelines
describing the purpose/mission of the list and what topics we consider
suitable to post. We also want to archive the messages as we currently do
with CORC-L. Also, after we close CORC-L, we want to retain the archives for
that list as well in a place where users can continue to access them.