Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 1 Oct 1994 22:01:29 EDT
On Sat, 1 Oct 1994 21:55:17 EDT Anthea Tillyer said:
>Question one:  What's with BYUVAX?

Like the messages say, it's no longer a bitnet node.  They didn't bother
to put in an internet: tag in their BITEARN NODES entry, so most of their
mail is falling on the floor.  I could be nice and say that their internet
equivalent is YVAX.BYU.EDU, but maybe I shouldn't ;-)

>Question two:  What's with the new trend that sites with users whose mailboxes
>overflow send the errors back to the POSTMASTER (not the list owner)?

I don't notice that trend.  If you get the "mail exceeds allowable length"
message, that's because LISTSERV received mail that exceeds the implicit
or explicit length limitation of your list.  LISTSERV forwards these to the
LISTSERV postmaster.  I thought 1.8a was supposed to forward them to the
list owner, but I don't think it's doing that.

Bill Gruber
LISTSERV maintainter
City University of New York