Gabe Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:36:25 -0400
I've become owner of an existing list which I'm about to try to wake up.
Looking at the subscriber list via Review, most people are listed as (No
Name Available). Since I'm listed that way too, I tried a Register command
to provide my name. Nope, it changed the name LISTSERV uses in To: but
didn't add my name to the subscriber record for this list. I'm subscribed
to other lists hosted at this site but not the list owner. How can names
be added to subscriber records for a list? I'd like to do it for myself,
then request that subscribers do it.

<idea>

OK, I did it via Subscribe command, that's what I'll ask subscribers to
do. But if LISTSERV knows my name for sending me email, why doesn't it
plug my name into list subscriber records?

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc.          (703) 941-1657
6580 Bermuda Green Court, Alexandria, VA 22312-3103    [log in to unmask]