Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 09:03:02 -0500
        Hi.  I thought I'd offer my two cents about the Listserv vs.
Majordomo question.  I too run lists on both, and I find Listserv FAR
superior.  I love the range of features it offers--being able to set
clueless subscribers to "review" is worth everything to me.  The spam
detecting features are also useful.   In contrast, on Minordomo,
subscribers can't even stop their mail temporarily: to do that, they have
to unsubscribe from the list.  I could go on at much greater length, but
on this forum, I think that's not necessary.

        In short, Minordomo is better than nothing, but IMHO it can't hold
a candle to Listserv.

        Joan Korenman

*    Joan Korenman                [log in to unmask]                         *
*    U. of Md. Baltimore County                                             *
*    Baltimore, MD 21250          http://www.umbc.edu/wmst/                 *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *